DESIGN, ART, GADGETS, FASHION, AND SAFEWAY

SUBSCRIBE VIA BLOGLOVIN bloglovin, IPAD, OR RSS

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Town Review

| |

Man, it's been a while since a nice fleshed out movie review, hasn't it? I'll try to redeem myself with a 60-second review of The Town. Ever since Gone Baby Gone, I've had my eye on sir Affleck. When I heard he was planning on doing a gripping crime-drama about Charlestown, Boston - a small city with the rep for being "the bank robbery capital of America" - I was in. What you get is a cesspool of violence and family dysfunction, with above average build-up to the high-stake crimes that perpetuating in a downward cycle of unescapable repetition. It's no doubt a big downer for those who's looking for an inspiration narrative from the "other side." That said, it manages to make you care for at least one or two of the characters involved, and despite feeling a bit lean and drawn out at times, still manages to carry on a suspenseful story with loud crescendos, fun action sequences, and one hell of a supporting cast. Recommended for a slow Sunday night. 7.8/10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Archives