DESIGN, ART, GADGETS, FASHION, AND SAFEWAY

SUBSCRIBE VIA BLOGLOVIN bloglovin, IPAD, OR RSS

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Eclectic Gifts for the Urban Digital Renewist

| |

I think you should invest in yourself every 5 years or so. If you haven't purchased anything big recently, here's a few to spoil yourself with: 1) GF-1 Add-Ons (Pictured above is a Aki-Asahi case for $100), 2) Jean shirts and leather suspenders, and 3) Understand Rap (a fabulous typographic book explaining a few ghetto-isms in raw, university exposition for $10).

4 comments:

Travis Ennis said...

I really like your posts on the GF-1. Can you tell me anything about the lens hood in the picture above? I've looked at many lens hoods for the Panny 20mm but I had never seen that one. I have to say it looks pretty sharp.

Unknown said...

Hey Travis,

It's a DV (digital video) lens hood. Hard to find a 46mm, you may need an adapter!

Hope that helps,
-Anthony

Travis Ennis said...

Thanks, Anthony. I didn't think about using one of those types of hoods. Looks like you can pick them upon on ebay in a 46mm filter size. Of course, I really like the vented leica-like hoods you can get on ebay as well.

I just have the 20mm for my GF-1 and I was thinking about picking up the new 14mm, but your most recent post with the Voigtlander 15mm SWH has me thinking twice. I guess the Voigt would be a rather slow 30mm equivalent lens, but it sure does look nice on the front of the GF-1.

Travis Ennis said...

Thanks, Anthony. I hadn't thought of using that type of hood. Looks like you can pick one up on ebay in a 46mm thread size. Of course, I really like the vented leica-like hoods you can pick up on ebay as well. I probably would go for the latter if I had choice, but I thought that DV hood looked nice on the GF-1.

I only have the Panny 20mm for my GF-1 and I was thinking about picking up the new 14mm, but your most recent post with the Voigtlander 15mm SWH has me thinking twice. It would be a slow 30mm equivalent lens, but it sure does look nice on the front of the GF-1.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Archives