DESIGN, ART, GADGETS, FASHION, AND SAFEWAY

SUBSCRIBE VIA BLOGLOVIN bloglovin, IPAD, OR RSS

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Sticker nose-dive into Craigslist and WGA.

| |

Windows Genuine Validation has properly owned me as a leet haxor. I'm completely stumped at getting a crack to properly overwrite a file that is under constant use. My final option would probably be to boot from a floppy disk into MS-DOS and try to manually overwrite it from there, but I don't even have those floppy things laying around anymore. I'll probably have to go to the store and buy a 10-pack for two bucks.

I have a confession: I've been a Craigslist whore lately. Constantly sucker punching anyone that offers a futon for more than $50, asking for $55 when I listed $50, and throwing bargaining chips at people like they're french fries. I can't believe some people though - they try and sell me an outdated projection TV for $1500. I mean, c'mon! I don't care if it's 62" and that you paid $3300 for it like less than 6 months ago; here's my $500, take it or leave it! Ah, but it sure does work wonders when a good deal comes along.

UPDATE: Found this site with a bunch of other bright ideas, might give that a run through. For reference if anyone has this problem running a pirated version of Windows. Looks like option #3 works the best for most people. I shall download the hacks and give you my success story in a few days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Archives