DESIGN, ART, GADGETS, FASHION, AND SAFEWAY

SUBSCRIBE VIA BLOGLOVIN bloglovin, IPAD, OR RSS

Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Horizon, HCI, and Beyond

| |

This along these lines are what I hope to achieve one day with the knowledge I am to obtain in the next few years of schooling.

FUN… F.U.N., but what is that… what makes something "fun"? How do you make something more fun, less fun, funner, funnest? (I know, I know - grammar is taking a back seat right now) But really - what makes a game fun?

Well, that's just one of the things I hope to perfect one day as a usability researcher for one of my favorite game companies of all time; Insomniac Games. Since I love dealing with people, I'll have to establish and refine the usability research process. Conducting usability tests, surveys, and gather information, I'll provide data to help in the design and development of games.

I truly want to identify areas of a game that would benefit from user research and conducts studies that provide accurate, timely and persuasive info to improve the ultimate end user experience of the game.

So, usability test and playtests on games and websites. Revision of design plans from specifications to prototypes, data-mining to full-on publications. All shall be done - it must be; improving the gaming world forevermore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Archives