DESIGN, ART, GADGETS, FASHION, AND SAFEWAY

SUBSCRIBE VIA BLOGLOVIN bloglovin, IPAD, OR RSS

Friday, December 28, 2007

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Review

| |

Poor Sweeney, who's lost everything, including his marbles. This recent musical bit by Tim Burton is certainly something. Sure, it would have been nice if someone warned me in advance that it was going to be grim, grotesque, and depressing, but I must say it was better than anything I would have anticipated. I felt Johnny Depp's voice didn't exactly convey the emotion people were looking for at times, perhaps due to the nature of his insane gibberish, yet the movie still covers its holes through great performances, Burton style direction, and lots (I mean lots) of blood. 8.4/10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Archives