DESIGN, ART, GADGETS, FASHION, AND SAFEWAY

SUBSCRIBE VIA BLOGLOVIN bloglovin, IPAD, OR RSS

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

When Digital Isn't Enough, You Get a V700

| |




I've been on the fence about digital film for quite some time now despite living the digital lifestyle. While it's cool to flaunt around your micro 4/3rds, there's something undeniably attractive about embracing the past and reliving it in a new digital age. This is why the Epson Perfection V700 Photo (IT) now tops my list of "shit I must buy before I die." Yeah, it's $500, but I think the differences in processing shown in the top picture above (the V700 is the negative film image scanned to the right), is more than enough to justify the canyon left in your wallet.
I plan to pick up the Nikon FM10, a vintage 1970's model that seems to have survived through the times and is still quite the hot market item on Craigslist and eBay. Boxes of film will cost $4-12 and a flash attachment may become a necessity. Now, I must start selling my belongings. Ciao.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going the other way man, no one in the UK is processing B&W film where I live :( so I'm going out to get a micro.
There is something lovely about shooting a couple of rolls of film though, and not being able to see what the results are.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Archives