DESIGN, ART, GADGETS, FASHION, AND SAFEWAY

SUBSCRIBE VIA BLOGLOVIN bloglovin, IPAD, OR RSS

Friday, April 23, 2010

Finally, Another IT Guy Gets It

| |

Haha, man. This IT guy that works at CrunchGear made my day yesterday as he basically went and flipped out on computers on an epic scale. It was great. My favorite quote thus far:

"I often wonder if plumbers reach a point in their career, after cleaning clogged drain after clogged drain, that they begin to hate plumbing. They hate pipes. They hate plumber’s putty. They hate all the tricks they’ve learned over the years, and they hate the need to have to learn tricks. It’s plumbing, for goodness sake: pipes fitting together and substances flowing through them. How complicated can it be?"
Again, I love the use of rhetoric and metaphors. Of course it boils into an all-out rant a few paragraphs in - about how computers suck ass and how IT guys are only making so much money due to the terrible infrastructure of the Internet, Microsoft, and Adobe PDFs. Reminds me of why I went into Human-Computer Interaction Design in the first place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Archives