DESIGN, ART, GADGETS, FASHION, AND SAFEWAY

SUBSCRIBE VIA BLOGLOVIN bloglovin, IPAD, OR RSS

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

The Bobi Digital Shelf

| |

It is here. My year-long graduate school thesis.

A bit of background for those just coming in. In the 12 months, I did a series of user research studies on collections in people's homes. My goal was to develop a solution that would directly address the lack of personal investment, tangibility, and value found in digital music today.


What came out of this research were a series of insights. I learned: 1) People valued things allowed them space in their homes, 2) In an Internet-connected culture, creative expression is everything, and 3) You can't simply put a digital photo in a frame and expect it to work; treat digital like digital, but make it rock unlike anything you've ever seen.

Today, as I prep for my move from graduate life back into the working world, I leave you with the spoils of all my hard work, the Bobi Digital Shelf (I really hope some of you hip-hop heads out there got the reference). It's furniture. It's an interface. It's a home to showcase your digital collections.

Please check out the video demo and let me know your thoughts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Archives