DESIGN, ART, GADGETS, FASHION, AND SAFEWAY

SUBSCRIBE VIA BLOGLOVIN bloglovin, IPAD, OR RSS

Friday, November 19, 2010

The Ghost Writer Review

| |

I'll be honest. I'm a big fan of political thrillers. Just not slow ones like Capote or Downfall (though they were both good in their own right). I'm more of a Munich or Spy Game sorta guy. The Ghost Writer kinda fits in between the two, but adds a fat layer of suspense and mystery on top of it all. The composition of it all reads like a good book, with a firm grip on proper pacing and no false moves or unnecessary distractions. That also means no over-dramaticized special effects/explosions (which I love) and more Shakespearean drama than what I'd deem as "thriller." It's a movie that pulls old fashioned stunts and is probably why it feels slightly dated. but for those who eat up that sorta thing, I say it's a sweet rarity that deserves an old-fashioned applause. 8.2/10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Archives