DESIGN, ART, GADGETS, FASHION, AND SAFEWAY

SUBSCRIBE VIA BLOGLOVIN bloglovin, IPAD, OR RSS

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Objectified Review

| |

While it doesn't completely kick Helvetica's ass out of the water, Objectified surely is succeeds at what it sets out to do. It provides an honest face to design, but also comes accompanied with a certain air of "if I don't care about design, why the hell am I watching this?" Well, to the casual viewer, I might agree. There's nothing in this movie except pretty industrial design products. No real hook. No famous people you've probably heard of. So in that sense, it isn't really accessible to the mainstream at all, but rather a community of artists and designers already familiar with the culture and universe of the industry. But ultimately, because I do dig my designerly things, I enjoyed this movie and felt engaged throughout. 7.9/10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Archives