DESIGN, ART, GADGETS, FASHION, AND SAFEWAY

SUBSCRIBE VIA BLOGLOVIN bloglovin, IPAD, OR RSS

Friday, October 02, 2009

Searching for the Perfect 0.38 Gel Pen

| |

So I have a confession. I'm obsessed with gel pens. Like a 7th year old girl, yes. And not just any gel pen. They must be at 0.38mm in size, light, and be shelf stable for at least a year when not in use. I've summed up my top picks from my 14 years of research below (okay, maybe 2 months):

Dong-A 3-ZERO 0.38 Gel Pens - These Korean-manufactured guys are rare. Really fricking rare. And one of my favorite pens of all time. I lucked out recently by finding them sold on eBay by some guy in New York, but it looks like it's going to be impossible to replenish my collection after my last Dong-A pen gets used up. They tend to go from $0.75 to $3 a piece.

Uni-ball Signo DX UM-151 Gel Pens - Made to rival the G2 Pilot, these guys clog less, are thin like the Dong-A's, and come in more colors than most. They go for about $2.25 a piece.

Pilot G-2 Retractable Gel-Ink Pens - These are the perfect office pens. They're cheap, flow great (when they work), and have similar qualities of the Dong-A in pen stroke. You also get a sweet rubber grip, which helps when you've got greasy fingers. They go for $1.30 a piece when bought in bulk.
Don't believe me? Just purchase a couple (if you can find 'em) and try it out for yourself. Believe me, you won't be disappointed. I am the pen expert, after all.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The Uni-ball Signo is my fave. I have a different colour for each module I study. Used the G2 for a while and thought it was a bit dodgy.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Archives