DESIGN, ART, GADGETS, FASHION, AND SAFEWAY

SUBSCRIBE VIA BLOGLOVIN bloglovin, IPAD, OR RSS

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Light and Darkness

| |

As the new year encroaches, I continue to be mesmerized by the sheer magnitude of what has happened in 2011. I've managed to jump around the country several times - traveling, working, and visiting old friends (as well as making new ones) - experiencing nearly every time zone in Northern America.

I've witnessed a protesting world unlike anything I've ever seen in my lifetime. I've become more knowledgable in tools for design, partnerships amongst friends, the web ecosystem, blogging, airplanes, HCI, hair products, marketing, and mortgages. I furnished an entire apartment by myself from floor to ceiling. I rumbled. I stirred. I tried to separate hard work from love... still with very little luck.

I continue my struggle with the ridiculously slow pace of consumer-facing smart home technology and home theater systems. I maddens me when we have the technology there, just with no one there to connect the dots.

I've become inspired. Not by just the individuals I work with, my colleagues, and industry, but by the plain and simple belief that: "Most people try to do good. But more often than not, they naturally choose the option of convenience." Master the method of delivery and you master the art of crafting user experience. My intention is to complete the circle in 2012.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Archives