DESIGN, ART, GADGETS, FASHION, AND SAFEWAY

SUBSCRIBE VIA BLOGLOVIN bloglovin, IPAD, OR RSS

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Spheres

| |

Cha-cha-cha. I'm on a roll. 2 1/2 hours PS CS5. This one was probably the most annoying painting yet. Double layering, 3 light sources, and pillows.. who would've thought it'd be so difficult? Reference photo of Victoria can be found here.
PS: Apparently there's someone who's used this overlaying technique (as pointed out by a colleague) named Jasper Johns and he's quite famous for this American flag piece seen above. I did not know this man and his style existed, but I will acknowledge his contributions to the art community.

However, this piece was not meant to resemble or copy his style of work; rather, it was composed the way it was because the source image was low on detail and I wanted to challenge myself with a small detail area to see how much stuff I could push without making the girl look all smudged up. It's also kind of a contemporary, retro-modern look that I've seen a lot of recently in magazines such as Esquire and Urban Outfitters catalogs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Archives