DESIGN, ART, GADGETS, FASHION, AND SAFEWAY

SUBSCRIBE VIA BLOGLOVIN bloglovin, IPAD, OR RSS

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Macbook Air Review

| |

You can't judge a book by its cover - and you definitely cannot judge the Macbook Air without actually holding it in your hands.

I'll admit, I hated the idea of an ultraportable that's thin enough for me to sit on and break in half. I found the idea of reducing the speed lower than a standard Macbook a dumbfounding step backwards. I also believed the market would be so small for such a laptop that Apple would ultimately have to slap themselves with a flyswatter and come to their senses, realizing they should have just gone with a thinner 12" Macbook Pro.

Boy, was I wrong. The attentive details Apple put into the product is simply jaw dropping. I literally stood there in complete awe as I struggled to grasp how thin and light the laptop was. Upon opening it, I fought my inner child to not replicate the Macbook commercial and putting it into a manila envelope. The screen is wonderful. The keyboard is slick. The smooth aluminum makes it feel like an enlarged Nano.

The problem is the price-tag. Matching the price point of the Macbook would have been a brilliant idea, though very unlikely, and it would have completely changed the way people thought of laptops.

Less is more? How does that work? Basically, the laptop squeezes everything out, be it USB ports, an optical drive, or a dedicated video card, and characterizes itself to be everything Apple represents: creativity, small footprints, and integration into life. If only the price were more encouraging, this would most likely be the best laptop Apple has ever made. 8.8/10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Archives