DESIGN, ART, GADGETS, FASHION, AND SAFEWAY

SUBSCRIBE VIA BLOGLOVIN bloglovin, IPAD, OR RSS

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Imminent mass destruction.

| |

I've decide to pull the trigger on my new core 2 duo purchase. No Intel chip has been this hot since the good ol' 2.4C days, so I'm pretty psyched even though I have a 25 page paper due in a couple of days. Still, I've never been this excited since the last time I went to IKEA.

Here are the exact specs of my new system:

Case: Lian Li V Cool PC-V600A
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6300
RAM: Patriot 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) 4-4-4-12
Video: MSI Radeon X1900XTX 512MB w/ AC Accelerox2 Cooling
Sound: Creative SB X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 Channels Retail
HD1: 150GB WD Raptor 10,000 RPM SATA150
HD2: 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA
CD: NEC Silver 16x DVDRW Burner
Floppy: ALPS Silver Internal Floppy Drive
Monitor: Dell 2005FPW 20.1" Wide Aspect Monitor
Speakers: M-Audio LX4 2.1 Expandable Studio Monitors w/ Subwoofer
Keyboard: Logitech UltraX Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech MX700
Extras: Custom Lian Li Bezels, Artic Cooling 120mm Silent Fans, Rubber Grommets, Custom Filter, Wristpad, etc.
I still gotta check the clearance on the Zalman CNPS9500 and Antec TPII 550W power supply. This case is tiny, but somehow fits all these huge things into it. Kind of reminds me of those VW commercials.

But damn, that system added up quick. No new car for me, for a while.

UPDATE: Thanks Chris for the heads up. It seems the distance from the motherboard to the powersupply is a mere 95mm. That means no 9500 will be able to fit in there unless I start sawing away parts of the power supply. Recommendations? I'm thinking of the ZALMAN CNPS7700-Cu whose height clearance is 67mm.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, happened onto your blog by way of your AIM profile.

I have no idea how you plan on fitting a 9500 under the power supply in that case. Whoever at Lian-Li thought it was a good idea to stick the power supply over the CPU area is absolutely retarded. Plus I think there's gonna be hot air recycling from the exhaust of the power supply to the ventilation holes right next to the CPU. At least the Core 2 runs moderately cool.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


Archives